Danube Cycle Families self guided riding tour
Day One: Linz
Check into your first hotel, and pick up all your tour documents at the hotel reception.
If you hired a bike, you’ll go and pick them up from our service center.
Hotel Example: Hotel Park inn, four stars
Day Two: Linz to Mitterkirchen – 43 kilometers
After a rich breakfast you‘ll start your tour. Don‘t miss the Celtic village and it‘s house exhibition where you can see how people lived 2,700 years ago.
Your night will be at a lovely farmhouse.
Farmhouse example: Radlerbauernhof Moser.
Day Three: Mitterkirchen to Persenbeug and surroundings – 43 kilometers
Cycle through the lovely town of Grein, visit “Ardagger” – the water sport paradise, and enjoy some great ice cream in Schorgi‘s ice-pralor.
Inn Example: Gasthof Bohm, three stars.
Day Four: Persenbeug and surroundings to Wachau Valley – 49 km
Enjoy Wachau Valley, one of the most famous regions along the Danube, the Melk monastery and the vineyards.
Inn Example: Gasthof Zur Wachau, three stars.
Day Five: Rest day in the Wachau valley
Enjoy the lovely hotel garden, let your kids rest in the swimming pool, and if you‘ve got with some spare energy for tours, visit one of the local wine cellars and their surroundings.
Inn Example: Gasthof Zur Wachau, three stars
Day Six: Wachau Valley to Tullin – 20 kilometers by ship & 40 kilometers riding
Sale along the Danube river with these beautiful views on each side till you reach the town of Krems, continue by bike to Tullin.
Hotel Example: Design hotel Romerhof, four stars
Day Seven: Tullin to Vienna – 35 kilometers
Reach the Danube biggest metropoline – Vienna, Isn‘t it a great adventure to say ‘I‘ve done it‘?
Hotel Example: Hotel Park Inn, four stars
Day Eight: End of tour
After the night in Vienna, the tour ends.
If you wish to have additional nights in Vienna, please let us know.
Arrival: daily, 24.03.–20.10.2018
Basic price for a person in a double room:
||07.04 – 27.04||24.03 – 06.04
||28.04 – 14.09
||15.09 – 28.09
||29.09 – 20.10
||€ 476||€ 537||€ 587||€ 537||€ 476|
- 7 nights in family friendly 3-star hotels and inns including breakfast, including the night before you start your riding, and the night in Vienna after your last riding day
- Family room (double room with extra beds)
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel as far as Vienna (1 piece per person max. 20 kg.)
- Surprise for children
- 2 ferry & boat rides
- Entrance fee for Giant Ferris Wheel in Vienna
- Detailed tour book
- High quality handlebar bag (One per group)
- NEW: Free Wi-Fi in the hotels!
- 7 gear with back pedal brake or 21 gear touring bike with caliper brake –
€ 69 per person
- Electric bike – € 155 per person
- Child seat – € 19
- Children bike – € 69 per person
- Children trailer – € 69 per person
- At the end of the tour hired bikes can be left in Vienna
Half Board (6 nights only, no half board in Vienna): € 125 per person
Single supplement: € 190 per person
Train to Linz:
- From Vienna airport, before the tour – €36
- From Vienna (city) after the tour – €12
Extra nights (bed & breakfast):
|Price||€ 59||€ 79||€ 49||€ 64||€ 63||€ 83|
Rates do not include tourism tax (approx. € 1,00 – 2,50 per person per night) to be paid on site
Children staying in the same room in addition to 2 paying full payment:
- Up to 8 years old – 100%
- 9 to 11 years old – 50%
- 12 to 14 years old – 25%
- Child from 15 years old – 10%
- Discount requires presenting a scanned document
- Discount is depended upon rooms availability