FAQ - Frequently asked questions regarding Danube Cycle tours
Airports & Transfers
- Closest airports: Vienna & Linz
- Transfer from and to the airports by train, usually direct train
- Fly to Vienna, we can take care for your train tickets to Passau or Linz.
- Train schedule: http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en
Bikes & Trailers
- Bikes brand is KTM
- You will get a double-side saddle bag per room on a hired bike.
- No child seat on e-bike
- Generally, Hanger trailer carry one child. But it is possible to put two little children (a 3 years old and 18 month old) in one hanger trailer.
- Bike theft insurance: Unfortunately hired bikes are not insured. In case of lost of theft bikes, guest is required to pay for the bikes.
- Locks are provided with the bikes
- Can we get a speedometer? Yes, but you’ve got to ask upon booking
- You can bring your own pedals, but we can not guarantee that they will fit on our bikes.
- No extra tube is given, but if you ask kindly at the shop and they do have, they may give you on a good will basis.
- Batteries can be recharged from the electrical outlet in the bike room
- Battery should last ~150 km
During the tour
- GPS files can be provided
- Transfer to Bad Krauzen is picked up near Cafe Restaurant Schinakel, Donaulände 5, 4360 Grein
- Extra piece of luggage – 39 Euro
- Luggage insurance: liability of up to € 500,- during the booked package tour per piece of luggage with max. 20 kg. We cannot give reimbursement for damaged objects or be held responsible for caluables kept in the luggage. Wear and tear, similar of flying, cannot be taken into account.
Bike & Ship
- Latest arrival to Passau the evening before – 19:00
- First day leaving hour – 9:00
- Other boat hours are given with the documents upon arrival and are not constant